12 December 2016

Mobile phone card

Hi Everyone, another birthday card for you. I saw the Outlawz sketch challenge, I liked the sketch and as I had a birthday card for my Great Nephew to do, decided to use it.

I saw a mobile phone image given free on the web, sorry I didn't take note of the blog, but she had used it as a cut file for the Cameo, so I made it into a file for myself and I'm quite pleased how it turned out. I made 3 layers and added acetate under the black top layer.  I also used an image to cut the clock hands out on the Cameo, they were SO tiny and they cut beautifully, I used 3 layers to make them a little sturdy.

clock and hands by Sheila Reid at Pixelscrapper
DP chevron & spot Marisa Lerin at Pixelscrapper
Chef Dearie Dolls

forgot to say he is 22, look at the time!!!!!!!!!





14 comments:

Sarn said...

Great sketch interpretation Faith. Love this card xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous result Faith. I love this little cell phone idea. You really mimicked the sketch perfectly too!

Pamellia said...

What a fun card Faith! Love the bright blue and the baker's twine looks amazing. Fabulous take on the sketch, and the phone with the sentiment is very clever! hugs :)

Crafting with Darcy said...

Faith, this is amazing!! So happy you liked our Sketch from the Outlawz Challenges and you have made a great birthday card for your nephew! I am going to try and mimic this phone idea using stuff I have!! Love this so much!! Beautiful clock, too!!
Hugs!
Darcy

NanaConnie said...

Saw this and left a comment over on the Outlawz, Faith, but came over to see how you had done the phone. It's fantastic - looks so real!

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Faith, I love the way you have used the clock hands to indicate his age.
Pauline
x

Hetty said...

What a wonderful card, Faith. Love that phone image you made.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. I love the cell phone.

Anonymous said...

What a great card and I love that mobile phone....might have to case that!! xx

Carol L said...

Now this is a trendy and fun idea for a card! Love the mobile phone!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind offer of the Silhouette cut file Faith - tried to find an email to ask if you could send it to me but I couldn't find one...it's probably staring me in the face!! x

Linby said...

You are too clever by half, would never have noticed the time! Great smart phone too. BTW there was no vellum on my cards - it's white ink! L x

Jacki Daniels said...

Gorgeous make Faith love the clock have had it a while now and not used it I think you may have inspired me too xx

Cindy Groh said...

Love-Love! Super cute.