20 April 2015

Fabric flower plus digi

Hi Everyone, here I am with something quite different for me, the Sponsored challenge by Deedee's Digis at Outlawz Greeting Challenge is to use fabric and have a sentiment. I can't remember the time I used fabric on a card, so this was a challenge for me, then I remembered that I had some (quite a few yards of mismeasured) curtain material, bought few years ago, so much that a cut off wouldn't make a difference to a future curtain make. Hence this card.

I cut one of the flowers out of the material and used Deedee's Blossom kit to enhance it. I coloured the "blossoms" from the digi kit in PS to match (as near as possible) made them into a decoupage group, then made a strip of the same colours for the butterfly and sentiment, printed them out, fussy cut the flowers and used a Tonic die to cut the butterfly out of the strip of colours and die cut the sentiment out of the single colour strip with a label die, a freebie include in the Magazine Papercraft Essentials a while ago. I used Stickles to add some glitter to the fabric flower and the blossoms.


6 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow, so much fun Faith!! Loving that big blossom and your dimension is fantastic with those popped up flowers! I really adore that sentiment too! hugs :)

Shirley Young said...

Wow this looks amazing Faith, do you know you can cut fabric on your Cameo ?

Anonymous said...

Wow - another one word comment - Stunning. x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Faith, your decoupaged flowers are a perfect match for your fabric flower.
Pauline
x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the dimension on your flowers Faith
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

MaryH said...

Awesome! I saw this over at DeeDee's but didn't have time to comment just then. As I think I've told you, I have tons of quilt fabric, so I was impressed at the use of your fabric to make this gorgeous flower. How well it combined with this particular DeeDee's set & you've met the challenge so well. Very inspirational and making me want to start digging through the fabric stash to try using some on cards. You are so skilled in so many different areas..PS, your silhouette cutting and using these super digis. TFS & Hugs