26 February 2014

Forgotten birthday

Hi Everyone, hope the sun has shone on you today.

My card today is one that I made for a work colleague who's birthday I forgot being off work with my sciatica.  (At least it's a lot better now and I'm taking the last of my leave, ready to go back in a couple of weeks.)  I used this fun image, I've used it a few times, from Squigglefly, as I thought she looked a bit lot like me LOL. I used DP's by Pink Petticoat, buttons and flower by Papermania and ribbon from stash. The twine was sent to me by a lovely blog friend, thank you, I love them. I followed the Crafts4Eternity sketch.  I printed and layered the papers and 3D'd the image and the sentiment.














I'll enter the following challenges

http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/spring-is-nearly-here-right.html  Spring colours - Yep!

http://squigglefly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/squigglefly-challenge-8-sfc0814-i-give.html  I give thee a recipe use some piece of pattern paper, some twine, and at least one brad/eyelet or button (your choice).   - Yep!

http://oldiebutagoodiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/buttons.html  you use something on your card that is at least 6 months old   - Yep! everything except the twine!!

11 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh Faith this is really cute! I love the paper piecing on the dress, and the different colored buttons. I really like the angled papers behind the image, and the ribbon flower you made behind your other flower is especially nice all tied up with twine! I'm so glad you played in Squigglefly's challenge this week, and I'm REALLY glad that your back is feeling better!

Shirley Young said...

Great card Faith and pleased to hear you sciatica is a bit better.

cohenna said...

Very pretty card :)

Anonymous said...

Love it - and so agree about the image. lol xxxxxx

Aileen said...

Oh wow what a brill forget card. Love the image lol!!

Aileen x

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous Card! I love the image!! great sentiment to match! Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs this week! mo x

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Very cute!!! Love her dress. If I'm not mistaken, I recognize the image as one by Marlooney who used to have the blog Disguised as a Grownup. I know they sell a few of her images through Squiggefly, but I sure miss her blog posts. Great card, and glad to hear you are feeling better!

Bonnie said...

Love that bow and the buttons and the fun image! I know your friend enjoyed this!

Viv said...

What a great card and such a fun image too Faith, it made me smile! I am so glad you are feeling better now too. I hate Feb as my Rh. Arthritis is always at it's worst then :) Viv xx

bumblebee creations said...

great card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Squigglefly!

Anonymous said...

Lovely use of Buttons – thank you so much for entering my challenge on OBAG, keep using up all that old stash and join us again for our next challenge!